Call for Score 2020
Eutopia Ensemble is pleased to announce its next Call for Scores "Ghenos Beethoven”. Composers are encouraged to submit works for piano, flute (soprano and bass) and contrabass, for future programming in the 2020 concert season of "LE STRADE DEL SUONO" in Genoa (Italy).
What is the meaning of “Ghènos Beethoven”? The expression indicates how deeply Beethoven is hetched in our musical memory, almost like a “genetic code”, and we invite composers to reflect on it in a personal way.
What is your relationship with Beethoven’s music? What aspects of his music still attract you as a composer? These questions could be useful to think and create something new.
The selected pieces will be performed in a concert whose program includes “Ludwig Van” by Mauricio Kagel.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
1. There are no age, gender, or geographic limitations as to who may submit a score.
2. Composers may submit as many scores as they wish, but each work should be submitted as a separate entry and will require a separate fee.
3. Every submission must have a duration between 4 and 8 minutes.
4. Every submission must include both the full score and the individual instrument parts.
5. Each entry requires a fee of 10 euros.
Payment method: Bank transfer to “Associazione il Gioco dell’Arte”
IBAN: - IT43Q0306909606100000075312
Causal: call for score
6. Each entry of one score must be sent in .pdf format to the e mail address along with an info sheet (.pdf, .doc, .docx, .odt, or .txt ) including :
composer’s name, title of the submission, length of work, short bio, contact information.
7. Application deadline: all submissions must be sent by 11:59 pm UTC+1h on August 19, 2020 (NEW DEADLINE!! AUGUST 25 2020). Submission fees must be paid at the time of submission. Entries received after this date will not be considered.
8. The results will be announced on our website and posted across our social media platforms by the end of August 2020